Selwyn Township in partnership with Curve Lake First Nation, City of Peterborough and Community Care applied for a grant from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation in February 2018 and in May 2018 the 5 year $1.488,000 grant was approved.
This is a significant opportunity that I would advocate for TRENT LAKES to becoming an active partner, it has the potential of being a game changer for our community.
Selwyn grant application report
Selwyn June recommendation report
Peterborough Examiner article
TRANSPORTATION WORKING GROUP
I facilitated a Transportation Working Group(TWG) for MP Maryam Monsef Peterborough-Kawartha riding, MAY-JUNE 1st, 2018 we held three meetings below is final status report that was forwarded to MP Maryam Monsef. Both Selwyn Township, Curve Lake First Nation, Peterborough County & City of Peterborough participated.
TWG June 1st status report
Eastern Ontario Regional Network (EORN) Plans supported by Eastern Wardens Carcus (EOWC) that represents 103 municipalities.
MAY 2018 – EORN Presentation to Peterborough Council
Peterborough Examiner article – County endorses EORN initiative May 2018
Additional Broadband (5G) Development information
Trent Lakes will be hosting an Informal Voter Information Session on October 2, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. You will be able practice electronic voting and confirm your on the voters list.
Certified Candidates for Trent Lakes – Municipal & School Trustees
North Pigeon Lake Association asked the following question to all candidates:
With respect to Mineral Aggregate Resources; Section 220.127.116.11 of the Ontario Provincial Policy Statement 2014, states the following:
“Extraction shall be undertaken in a manner which minimizes social, economic and environmental impacts.”
What will you commit to uphold with respect to minimizing, social, economic and environmental impacts ?
We have an excellent opportunity to address in the Official Planning(OP) process with Peterborough County & associated public consultation. Our Mines & Aggregate Advisory Committee early on received some useful input from our Municipal Planner which we want to incorporate. So I would encourage all to participate. It will be critical as now that the OMB is replaced by Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) you cannot appeal an approved OP for 2 years. There is also the opportunity to liaise with City of Kawartha Lakes (10th Aggregate producer in Ontario) as we impact each other. We are not an Island unto ourselves. I most certainly will commit to uphold.
I will be available to chat & meet with voters at the following locations during AUGUST:
8th, between 5pm-7pm at Lock Stop Café, 1919 Lakehurst road, Buckhorn
11th, between 2-4pm at Kinmount Heritage Model Railroad & Museum / Austin Sawmill Heritage Park at the Gazebo
26th , between 10am-noon at Kawartha Country Wines, 2452 County Road 36, Buckhorn
I will be available to chat & meet with voters at the following locations during SEPTEMBER:
19th, between 5pm-7pm at Lock Stop Café, 1919 Lakehurst road, Buckhorn
22nd, between 2-4pm at Kinmount Heritage Model Railroad & Museum / Austin Sawmill Heritage Park at the Gazebo
23rd , between 10am-noon at Kawartha Country Wines, 2452 County Road 36, Buckhorn
The ongoing schedule of places & events around our community that I will be either volunteering or attending and available to meet and chat:
- Saturday June 23, 2018 10am-noon – Cavendish Community Ratepayers Association public meeting
- Wednesday June 27, 2018 Strawberry Dinner St. Matthew-St.Aidan Church Buckhorn
- Friday June 29, 2018 Strawberry Dinner Lakehurst Hall
- Saturday July 7, 2018 Strawberry Supper Galway Hall
- Saturday, July 7, 2018 from 10:30am- noon – Oak Shores Community Centre
- Sunday July 8, 2018 Cottagers meeting on Pigeon Lake
- Thursday July 12, 2018 Kawartha Coffee Co, Bobcaygeon
- Saturday July 14, 2018 Cottagers BBQ Nogies Creek
- Tuesday, July 17, 2018 Library fundraiser – Lawrence Hill at Buckhorn Community Centre
- Saturday, July 21, 2018 from 10am – noon All Candidates Meeting at the North Pigeon Lake Association AGM/meeting Bobcaygeon
- Saturday July 21, 2018 Cavendish Carnival at Cavendish Community Centre
- Saturday July 21, 2018 Community Care fundraiser ‘ Blowin in the Wind’ at Buckhorn Community Centre
- August 4, 2018 – Oak Shores Community Centre – Sports Fest
- August 5, 2018 Salmon Lake Cottagers AGM
- August 5, 2018 Catchacoma Lake Cottagers at Catchacoma Marina BBQ
- August 17, 2018 Buckhorn FIne Art Festival Opening Night
- August 18, 2018 CCRAI AGM/meeting from 10am-noon at Cavendish Community Centre
- August 25, 2018 – Rock the Locks Buckhorn
- September 1, 2018 – Kinmount Fair
- Saturday September 1, 2018 – Oak Shores Community Centre – Pig Roast
- Sunday September 9, 2018 from 10 am to noon
- All Candidates Meeting at the Galway Hall hosted by the Crystal Lake Community Association and Galway Area Ratepayers Association
- Thursday September 13, 2018 from 7pm-9pm All Candidates Meeting at Buckhorn Community Centre (hosted by Buckhorn Ratepayer Association)
- Saturday, September 15, 2018 from 10am to noon – All Candidates Meeting at the Cavendish Community Centre, (hosted by Cavendish Community Ratepayers’ Association Inc.)
- Saturday, September 15, 2018 – Cavendish Community Centre – Library Chicken Dinner & Country auction
ALL CANDIDATE MEETINGS
Saturday, July 21 at 10am-noon at the North Pigeon Lake Association AGM/meeting Bobcaygeon
Sunday September 9 at 10 am-noon at the Galway Hall hosted by the Crystal Lake Community Association and Galway Area Ratepayers Association
Thursday September 13 at 7pm-9pm at the Buckhorn Community Centre hosted by the Buckhorn Ratepayers Association
Saturday September 15 at 10am-noon at the Cavendish Community Centre hosted by Cavendish Community Ratepayers Association Inc.